Trick or Treat Studios was started with a commitment to bringing back the look and feel from the Golden Age of costume making; an era when high quality and classic designs ruled the industry. We are now trick or treating into over a decade of producing some of the best masks, costumes, props, and collectibles on the market! Our team is comprised of FX industry professionals, unique artists and mask making legends.
Founded and operated in Santa Cruz, CA, we are a fun and uniquely different industry that is busy year-round. Please check out our website to see if we are a good fit for you at www.trickortreatstudios.com.
Reporting to the President, the Senior Accountant is responsible for analyzing financial data, establishing best accounting practices, and maintaining the integrity of the chart of accounts and financial system of record. This position works on-site at our corporate office in Santa Cruz, CA and serves as a liaison between the hub of our operations and Finance Office located in Baltimore, MD.
- Act as a liaison between the Corporate and Finance Offices
- Maintain accurate financial records and ensure compliance to GAAP
- Audit general ledger and lead effort to clean up the chart of accounts to remove redundancy and identify additional accounts required to generate accurate reports at a departmental and product level for decision making
- Enable reporting by department, product categories and the corporate level
- Prepare reports that detail income, expenses and profit by division
- Support other departmental accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Collaborate with Finance team in quarter-end and year-end closing processes
- Under the direction of the Director of Finance, prepare journal entries and support financial statement preparation
- Work with the Director of Finance and Corporate Accounts Manager to accurately reconcile and record invoices and payments for major accounts
- Work with the Financial Analyst to prepare and present reports and ensure that Trick or Treat Studios is on track to meet financial goals
- Assist Financial Analyst in budget creation and monitoring. Help develop and communicate monthly, quarterly and annual departmental budgets
- Work with Management to develop monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals
- Work with Director of Finance and other stakeholders to evaluate internal procedures and make recommendations to streamline accounting activities
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- 4+ years’ corporate Accounting or Finance experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- Proficient with QuickBooks Desktop / Enterprise Edition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members and as well as work independently
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Ability to bend and/or reach or sit for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to occasionally lift/and or move up to 20 lbs
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly view computer screen
$76,000 - $95,000 annually
The compensation listed here is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range for the position posted. The compensation offered to the successful candidate depends on location, skills, experience, education, and other objective job-related factors.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com, and provide a cover letter that tells us why you want to work for Trick or Treat Studios.