PART-TIME ACCOUNTING CLERK
Trick or Treat Studios was started with a commitment to bringing back the look and feel from the Golden Age of costume making; an era when high quality and classic designs ruled the industry. We are now trick or treating into over a decade of producing some of the best masks, costumes, props, and collectibles on the market! Our team is comprised of FX industry professionals, unique artists and mask making legends.
We are a fun and uniquely different industry that is busy year-round. Please check out our website to see if we are a good fit for you at www.trickortreatstudios.com.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for performing routine accounting activities such as processing customer transactions, paying vendors and assisting with account reconciliation. This is a part-time non-exempt position based out of our Finance office in Nottingham, MD. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills and a basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Process credit card, wire transfer, Paypal and check payments through Fishbowl
- Work closely with Sales team and Warehouse to allocate all payments for retail and wholesale invoices
- Generate and send out sales orders and shipping invoices
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines as directed by the AR Specialist and the Finance Manager
- Help AR Specialist to monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities, including RMAs, and assist in researching and resolving discrepancies as needed
- Ensure accuracy of customer payment information in Fishbowl
- Assist with entering receipts and filing
- Enter class codes into registers
- Learn sales tax process
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries and direct to appropriate company contact, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- AA degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks is preferred
- Proficient with the MS Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to bend and/or reach or sit for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to occasionally lift/and or move up to 20 lbs
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly view computer screen
Trick or Treat Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$18 – $20 per hour
The compensation listed here is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range for the position posted. The compensation offered to the successful candidate depends on location, skills, experience, education, and other objective job-related factors.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide a cover letter that tells us why you want to work for Trick or Treat Studios.