INVENTORY AND RECEIVING ASSOCIATE
Trick or Treat Studios was started with a commitment to bringing back the look and feel from the Golden Age of costume making; an era when high quality and classic designs ruled the industry. We are now trick or treating into over a decade of producing some of the best masks, costumes, props, and collectibles on the market! Our team is comprised of FX industry professionals, unique artists and mask making legends.
We are a fun and uniquely different industry that is busy year-round. Please check out our website to see if we are a good fit for you at www.trickortreatstudios.com.
Reporting to the Warehouse Assistant Manager, the Inventory and Receiving Associate is responsible for receiving inbound shipments and maintaining stock locations. This role performs cycles counts, moves inventory, and updates the warehouse management systems to reflect real-time stock locations. This position works on-site at our Warehouse located in Santa Cruz, CA and is not permitted to take time off between August and November due to increased work demands. Though experience with inventory management would be ideal, we are seeking candidates who have a strong work ethic and willingness to help coworkers in whatever area is needed.
- Receive inbound factory shipments by carefully review for accuracy in count and description to purchase order, inspecting for any damage, proper documentation and tagging of pallets and components, or other discrepancies
- Document any discrepancies on bill of lading/delivery receipt, notify Supply Chain and Warehouse Managers
- Enforce inventory controls by maintaining stock locations
- Allocate new inventory to proper location in Fishbowl
- Operate LPG forklift safely and efficiently, including conducting safety pre-checks, loading and unloading materials from a variety of vehicles, moving pallet packed materials around the facility, checking that loads are secure and performing equipment checks and basic maintenance
- Palletize loads manually
- Ensure propane tanks are filled and maintained
- Complete physical counts as scheduled or assigned, complete documentation and enter updated information if required into Fishbowl
- Restocking warehouse racks and moves inventory to new locations
- Follow all company safety rules in the physical receiving of trucks including but not limited to ensuring chocks are in place and working
- Preserves a safe and clean work environment by tidying shelves, pallet area, and workstations
- Follow and deliver quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- 3+ years’ experience operating a forklift, certification a plus
- Intermediate proficiency with computers, math, and warehouse inventory programs
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong people skills
- Positive work history and ability to maintain solid attendance
- Available to work extended hours, if needed
- This position requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, working overhead, walking, balancing, twisting and standing for extended periods of time in the performance of daily duties
- Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Trick or Treat Studios provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$18 - $22 per hour
The compensation listed here is provided in good faith as a general description of the salary range for the position posted. The compensation offered to the successful candidate depends on location, skills, experience, education, and other objective job-related factors.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com, and provide a cover letter that tells us why you want to work for Trick or Treat Studios.